Monday, February 23, 2009

I thought you'd be taller by now.


Dear Internet,

So.  It's been five years.  I could say it's been a while, but I kind of doubt you were counting.

Quite a bit has happened since I saw you last.  I've cut my hair, all srs bns-like.  You've started putting @ symbols in front of everyone's names.  I had to ask a friend what that was all about.

I have to admit, as momentous an occasion as it was when we found each other's company again, I'm perturbed that I spent most of our first day together Facebooking and looking at lolcats.  I had sort of expected this grand and intricate web of networks and contacts to blossom upon the connection of that delicate little ethernet cable, but just as I had remembered from our times previous, you provide little reward for the equivalent energy put in.  (I'm currently thinking that may not be a bad thing.)

I think we'll be different this time around.  I'll let you know if I need anything.

(As an aside, though I may have struggled for a moment with the name for this blog, I vetoed 'Blog of Pants' as suggested by certain others purely on the basis that I didn't want any conditions required for participation.  No blogscrimination based on attire around here, thankyou!)

-Anthony


you should know that you're just a temporary fix

No comments:

Post a Comment