Friday, October 16, 2009

EiP: The Misuse of Internet Tools for Fun.

So I had an idea the other day, which has lead me to create this in the last half hour.

It's an experiment-in-progress for a new method of interactive fiction using my recently newfound joy, Prezi. The writing isn't special (as I said, half an hour!), but as far as experimenting with the medium and the execution of the idea, I think it worked pretty well?

Any comments would be appreciated! If the format is well received, I will definitely consider spending the time to try a proper composition.

-Anthony

[edit:] The WiP version can be found here for those interested, but I'm going to finish writing all of the parts before pathing it.


seems you're mouth is still open: you might want to do something about that

2 comments:

  1. I like it! I am interested to see where it goes: my one niggle though is that the system makes it... unclear? Which option you have selected. It just seems to keep zooming in and then you click the "next" button and it sort of dumps you on a random dialogue branch. Weird! But like I said, definitely cool. Would check again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tim!

    I see what you're saying, and I think I agree! The easiest solution to that is to replicate the choice at the start of the dialogue tree, which is bang-on easy.

    I'm also going to remake that first "page" as I just did my proof-read yesterday and realised it fails way hard at setting any kind of scene. It kind of feels like a rushed episode of Gilmore Girls, with lots of talking and no meaning. Hopefully a proper setup will fix that.

    ReplyDelete