Friday, March 20, 2009

So smooth it was like he'd been practising it the night before.

I had a dress-rehearsal for a dream early last morning.

The dream started with all of the characters, myself included, getting dressed and top-and-tailing the important scenes. Then the "official" dream started, and we proceeded with the entire narrative. I don't think I've ever rehearsed a dream before, but there you go.

Another reason this dream stuck out was that it was almost entirely void of dream-logic; nearly all of the dialogue was spoken instead of being tacitly understood, there was no fast forward of the boring bits. It effectively played out like a Wednesday night movie with a storyline that was involved enough to warrant having been impressed with my subconscious, while cliched enough to not be too proud of it.  It was almost a cross between Two-and-a-Half Men and Pretty Woman, if the Charlie Sheen character had a promiscuous butler called Jenkins.

In other rage-inspired news, someone threw a lit cigarette on my car while stopped at the lights.  Unfortunately by the time I had noticed and used the windscreen washer to extinguish and remove the offending article, the lights had gone green and I was forced to move on.

Not that I would have, y'know, done much had I witnessed the offender.  Probably.

Also, from the top-shelf content of Ellen's sparkling new blog I discovered The Outbreak, a zombie choose-your-own-adventure web film.  How cool is that?!

-Anthony


pretty cool

2 comments:

  1. I'll try and post any free, itty-bitty games with an interesting concept as I come across them :)

    Glad you enjoyed it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was i Julia Roberts? :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete