Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Psssssssssssssht.

I'm sure I don't need to duplicate this information as everyone reading this blog would already know, but I'm gonna anyway: RocketFuse has been released and is live on the App Store! Yaaaay!

I got to write a whole bunch of press related stuff, including the press release and related email copy. It was fun! Being an indie developer, we get to have quite a bit of leniency and can play a little bit more irreverently than if we were slightly larger. At one stage I was toying with some manufactured quotes just for fun, which I found extremely amusing - I think I might recreate them for a RH.com story in a week or so.

Wedding plans are progressing! We've booked our tickets for Penn & Teller too, woop woop! Everyone is really looking forward to the trip. I've got it in my head I'm gonna win at the card tables this time. Although highly unlikely, it would be pretty awesome to come back from a trip both romantic and profitable.

Still practising on my bass-axe. I want to learn a few more basic stuff, and I'm thinking of recording myself so I can hear what I'm doing wrong (or possibly right, I guess?). Although I'm finding most satisfaction at just playing "solid", I can feel my lack of faculty on the instrument compared to what I know I want to play.

And then there's Dr John. I've been revisiting this amazing, amazing New Orleans piano player, and I just recently discovered these videos on YouTube. Look at his hands, they barely move. I mean, holy crap!, he plays the fattest version of Fats Domino I've heard and it looks like he's only playing two notes total! Goddamn funky doctor.

In other sweet soul music news, I took the puppies for a walk around the swamp near Wanneroo yesterday. They quite loved the romp through the grass, but I could do without the sodding mozzie bite on my arm.

-Anthony


me big chief me got big band

No comments:

Post a Comment